IPT analyzes paper-related products whose performance depends on the characteristics of the product and the paper.
The products most frequently analyzed include:
- Ballpoint pens: tests are performed according to ISO Standard 12756– Drawing and writing instruments – Ballpoint pens and rollerball pens Vocabulary and ISO 12757-1 – Ballpoint pen and refills – Part 1: General use.
- Printing cartridges: these are analyzed regarding their performance in number of pages printed, according to the following standards:
- ABNT NBR ISO/IEC 19752 – Information technology – Method to determine the yield of toner cartridges for electrophotographic monochrome printers and for multifunctional devices containing printer components;
- ABNT NBR ISO/IEC 19798 – Determination of yield for toner cartridges for color printers and multifunctional devices containing printer components;
- ABNT NBR ISO/IEC 24711 – Determination of yield for color inkjet printer cartridges and multifunctional devices containing printer components.
In addition to these products, IPT can analyze other materials applied directly to paper, subject to feasibility analysis.